Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Tuesday Mumbles

Good Morning, I'm home in my favorite clothes - my PJ's. teehee. I'm on the web surfing a little, scrolling through facebook and I have my TV tuned to a local news channel in the background. I heard a commercial for a Hospital that has a specializes in weight loss surgery. Of course it got my attention. I logged onto the website and did some research. The starting cost is kinda disappointing ( starting around $16,000) but what really hit me the wrong way was what I copy and pasted below from the Faqs tab:

Have people died from these surgeries?
Yes. There have been people who have died as a direct result of having weight loss surgery. This is unusual, but there is the risk of this happening.

 When I read that - I immediately thought it wasn't worth the risk. I thought about my kids and my husband, there is no way I would risk not being here with them. It would be hard to do it even if I had the money....

But here's my reality: I think about my weight everyday. I think about what I eat everyday. I think about working out now almost everyday. I think about it ALL really too much, I know I do - but it's because I care. And it's that caring that is keeping me from throwing in the towel completely. I do care and I will get my act together soon. I've been on my new medication now for about a month and I've noticed over the past two days that my depression has lifted even more. My anxiety is better. I'm having more positive thoughts now that I didn't before. I feel like I have more motivation and I'm starting to feel more like myself again which is a very nice feeling :)

But what I'm trying to figure out is how to lose weight this time? Ever since I started my weight loss journey back in 2005 I counted calories, thats how I was successful. But I simply can't bring myself to do it this time. Maybe I could just have a calorie limit for my meals? Example: 300 for breakfast, 400 for lunch 200/300 snack then a 400/500 calorie supper then a 200 calorie snack. That's around 1700 for the day...that would certainly get my weight loss going.

ok, I will keep ya'll updated. Have a great Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!!