Wednesday, August 12, 2015

First Third Shift Experience

Hey There,

Well, I had my first 3rd shift at work last night and it went pretty smoothly until I started hanging the new tags/signs. I hate to point my finger and blame somebody but my trainer didn't fully explain how to find the ad tags on the shelf, he just had me help him hang them. But in the end I did the best I could so I'm sure it could have been a lot worse.

The Scanning Coordinator came in at 3am to help. I was thankful because I felt like I was behind, she explained  that there was no reason for me to rush and once I understand how to hang the tags I will fly right through it. She helped a lot.

After work I came home and took a 4 hour nap and set my alarm for 4am, I woke up grumpy...just like last Wednesday. I don't think I said a word for like 30 minutes ( and I'm talker at home). Later in the after noon around 3 or so I had a little melt down. I kept saying how I hope what I did was 'good enough' and how I hope nobody wonders 'why I got the position'. Those thoughts cycled in my head and as I was talking to DH ( who was kinda like my counselor at the time) I started feeling a cry coming...so I cried. And I felt better.

I think the lesson for me here is to not let those nasty negative thoughts get the better of me. Because I got the position because I deserved it.

ok, still on my plan and feeling good.

laters


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!!