Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday = One Week On Plan

Morning,

Hope everyone is doing well. I for one am - today I'm off work which is fabulous!! I have the house to myself. I must confess that  I love being by myself for just one day. Its so quiet right now, something I don't get very often. I also love working out when I have a quiet house, there's no distractions.

Weight loss & Workout Stuff
So oooo , I'm still rockin' this plan. I'm still feeling confident that I can stick to it until I reach maintenance. That will be some time from now but Im ok with that. The only complaint that I have is I don't get a 'free day' or 'cheat meal'. But I do understand the reasoning and 'science' behind it. It will completely through off my bodies chemistry. And right now im trying to get into Ketosis ( which is basically the bodies fat burning mode). So I will be ok.
When we go out to eat I just have to be very mindful of what I'm eating. We're going to a steak house Thursday or Friday this week so I will have to stay clear of that bread they bring out before the meal ( the kids love it or I would have them hold it). I've also noticed for the past few days that I have been so thirsty. I read up on it and its a natural occurrence during low carb diets. I'm drinking close to a gallon of water a day, I know...thats a lot. But I don't want to get dehydrated.

I'm still experiencing practically zero food cravings. This is the strangest thing I have every encountered during dieting? I mean seriously?
When I counted calories I always had cravings, always. And it was hard to fight them off most of the time. As a matter of fact those cravings would sometimes lead to binges.
But this isn't a bridge I've past before, its awesome! And don't get me wrong, I'm by no means complaining, lol, and I still get that little hint of a craving but nothing like before. Its suppose to be one of the side effects of reducing your carbs. Really empowering.

My workouts were great this week. I got in 5 total, Saturday I did a low impact step aerobics workout by Cathe and got in a good sweat. I was so tired before starting after working all day, but I got it in.

The scale is the same as last Monday, but like I said in my Atkins page - my last recorded weight before was 5lbs higher. So in my first week I have lost 5lbs ( and Aunt Flo is in town so perhaps I have lost more....fingers crossed)

Work Stuff
So work is going well. Yes, I would love for that phone call ( I applied at a new warehouse job about two weeks ago in hopes of getting a call back, no such luck yet) but if it doesn't happen then well, Im ok with that too.

I've learned who to trust who to just be friendly with. There is only one girl that I fully trust and its nice to have that. She is quiet like me and I love working with her, she trust me as well.

Have a great Monday =)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!!