Friday, March 21, 2014

Reliving a Haunting Past

Morning,

Today I have to work 9:30 - 4. Im not in the mood to be around anybody so im sure I will be very quiet today. For some reason I woke up feeling sad? Just a sinking feeling inside. Kinda numb I guess.  Its the first time in over two months that I've felt like this.

The last few days I've been thinking about things from my past, I guess its getting to me. Mostly my career that started out promising and because I let a medical opportunity judge me I have stopped going for my goal.  Its hard to push regret out of our hearts.

I recently read a quote that made me feel a little better.

You don’t have to be defined by the things you once did or didn’t do. Don’t let yourself be controlled by regret. Maybe there’s something you could have done differently, or maybe not. Either way, it’s merely something that has already happened. Leave the unchangeable past behind you as you give yourself to the present moment. 

I have to let go, its the whole ' letting go part' that I have trouble with.

Well, besides work I plan on staying on track with my plan. I did great yesterday, I ate 1590 calories and burned over 860 calories total. I went on a long Hike then came home and did some upper body work on my total gym. It felt good to sweat it out. I just wish I could see faster results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!!