Tuesday, July 09, 2013

1st Session w/Personal Trainer

Good Morning :)

I'm going to try and make this short because I have to get to work soon.

So when I got there it wasn't just me training, I was training with another girl. So I didn't think that was so 'personal'. But I only pay 10$ for an hour so its all good.

We started off with a warm-up of jumping jacks, then knee lifts with bent arms, then straight leg extensions with the arms reaching forward. And to finish the warm up we went into some squats with wood chop arms ( w 5lb weights) - all for 2/3 mins each. Lets just say I was warmed up after that! ;-)

Next it was core work, which was very challenging. Then some shoulder work, chest work and finally some lunges. Then we switched rooms and did some lower body work with the leg press, calve raise and the leg extensions. Then the cool down.

Over all, I liked the experience of working with a PT. She's very friendly and straight forward. She watched every move I made and corrected me a lot. But ( and yup, there is a but) I feel as if I can do this by myself without a PT. I may take a few more sessions with her so I can get some more 'fresh' idea's but after that, I will just take her boot camp classes, there only 3$'s a visit. And another thing that kinda got on my nerves was that the PT and the other girl seemed to know each other a little, they were talking about where they were from and so on during the class, but it wasn't to bad. The PT kept the chit-chat to a minimum.

I did ask her about my nutrition plan. She told me to keep it simple...focus on protein & healthy fats to keep me full. Watch my complex carbs and try to stay away from junk ( thats a no brainer, lol).

I asked her about a routine to follow to lose weight. She said to focus on cardio now then add in heavier weight work as I slim down. She said to do an hour of cardio every other day and two days of bootcamp. An HOUR of cardio? SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! That blew me away!! Even when I was losing weight I hardly ever did an hour of cardio? But, I won't question her...im just going to do it and shut up. }:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!!