Wednesday, December 05, 2012

OMG, I Totally Went OA....

Good Morning,

Hope everyone is having a good day so far :)

So - a few things I want to share with ya'll this morning. 1st off, I went to my docs appointment (mental health guy) and it went good. I really like him...I wish he was a medical doctor as well. But anyways, we discussed my meds and he asked if I was seeing a therapist. I told him that I was thinking about going to an Overeaters Anonymous meeting and he was all for it.

I went to my first OA meeting last night. It was interesting to hear others talk about this disease. It wasn't a large group, just four other people there and when I walked in they were reading from the OA book.  After they read a chapter they each shared an experience or just whatever they wanted too with the group. When they all shared they then turn there heads to me (sigh, so I guess its my turn - lol). I shared why I was there and my journey on how I got here. It was nice to just talk without any judgement, interruptions or opinions.  I even got an offer to carpool with two other girls that live in my area :)

I'm proud of myself for going. Its hard to find the courage to start something like this...but I did it and it felt really good.

2nd, I went back to logging everything that I ate down in a small notebook. I need to keep up with everything I eat and my workout for that day so when I do start seeing progress I can go back and see what I'm doing.

3rd, I just got in a great workout that was FREE on youtube. I will share the video below. Its a Leslie Sansone 3mile walk. In the video she uses a belt band - which I don't have- so instead I used a band or some 2lb weights :)



ok...im starting to ramble and I'm running out of time....later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!!

Temporary Feelings

Hello All, I'm not sure why all of a sudden I started having these terrible symptoms but there just about unbearable. I keep calling ...