Friday, November 16, 2012

Brain Shivers

As you all know, for the past 3 and 1/2 half weeks I have been slowly weaning myself off zoloft. Since Monday I've been experiencing these awful dizzy spells and odd sensations in my head. I contacted my doctor and he wasn't really any help, just told me he didn't think it was related to the zoloft.

Anyways, I got so sick of these brain shivers, as I've been calling them now, that I went to a local minor emergency room near by last night. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything else like high blood pressure or high blood sugar.

The doctor that I spoke to there told me that what im experiencing IS related to the zoloft and its a common withdrawal  ( my question is-if its so common then why in the hell didn't MY doctor tell me this? ) this doctor wanted me to go back to taking 50mgs for two weeks then 25mgs for two weeks then 12.5 mgs for 2/3 weeks then a 12.5 broke in half for 2 weeks....

sigh, I decided against that! I will just deal with these symptoms until they go away which could be anywhere from a week to 5 weeks. I don't want zoloft in my system anymore.
Edit to Add: After having a major dizzy spell I went ahead and took that doctors advice. Im back to taking zoloft 50mgs for a few weeks then slowly go from there. This medication isn't anything to play around with...

anyways. Work is a PITA right now. Its the holidays and I work at a bakery - Need I say more?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!!