Tuesday, September 18, 2012

VENTING 9/18

This is the one place that I can go and bitch and complain about my job. The one place that I know I can let it ALL out without judgement from others (particularly my co-workers) And since nobody at work knows about this blog I can really let loose.

First off, let me start by saying that I love my job! Its fun and a very laid back environment - usually.

I've been working there almost two years now and I would say that the hardest thing about it is working with other people - Getting along with other people. It is very rarely the job its-self,  unless we are short handed.

Recently my manager took one of the closers off the schedule because she was causing too much drama. This closer worked 5 days a week at night and did a lot of the production ( various types of sheet cakes, bar cakes, tortes, jelly rolls, brownies & 12" cookies) now she's gone so we're having to pick up her production and it's MADNESS at the bakery. I closed last night and never sat down and had to work through my break. It isn't fair. If I didn't take a break I would be in over-time and over-time is a huge no-no unless pre-authorized.

I just wish that the store manager and my manager would have thought about this a little more closely before making any harsh decisions like this. I mean this closer never had any written warnings ( 3 written warnings and your terminated). Why didn't they do that? That could have solved the whole problem. I suggested it too...why move her completely out of the bakery? sigh. AND our 1st shift women is going on another extended vacation for the whole month of October so that will leave us with another person short.

For the first time since starting my job I didn't want to go to work yesterday. I was dreading it. I had a lot of things to do + unload a truck that consistent of about 50pcs of frozen bread. And if you haven't lifted frozen bread boxes before I can assure you that they're heavy. 30+lbs a box :/  I just hope my back doesn't hurt again today...I was very careful yesterday while lifting. I wasn't a crazy super women like last time, tossing the boxes every where...

The rumor is that the store manager is looking for a male to work nights to help us with the truck and the closing....I can't wait to see this. Hopefully its someone who isn't lazy. Lazy people don't last long...

If you've made it this far then thank you for your interest :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!!

Temporary Feelings

Hello All, I'm not sure why all of a sudden I started having these terrible symptoms but there just about unbearable. I keep calling ...