Tuesday, March 27, 2012

YES! ABSOLUTELY!

For the past few days I've been having really bad dreams. Last night I dreamed that while I was paying a car payment at the car lot I was robbed when walking out and the guy threatened to detonate a bomb if I didn't cooperate. Oddly enough, the only thing he took was the tires off my car. Then he drove off. I just remember feeling very overwhelmed in the dream, you know that frantic feeling that comes with anxiety. Then my dream went in another direction...i was being help hostage by a very disturbed women who had mental issues. I had to out wit/distract her into believing that I was her friend while I waited on the cops to get there.

If you can imagine, I woke up in a very bad mood this morning. Actually, I've been in a grouchy mood for a few days now. Ever since I started eating more on Friday night. I hate that my mood is a direct reflection of what I'm eating and how I treat myself....overeating is a self destructive bad habit for me. Has always been. What I have to figure out is why I go in that direction instead of a more positive one. Why do I deliberately make myself feel bad? I have to start thinking about my feelings instead of eating them.

I keep thinking about my therapy sessions. She asked "do you deserve to feel good? Do you deserve to be at your goal weight?"  The answer is YES, ABSOLUTELY!  But how do I explain whats going on inside of me when I don't really understand it? What is the cause for this self destructive behavior?

Now that I think about it she explained that 'food' has always been there for me and thats why I turn to it so often when im feeling down.

Its has been a long weight loss journey for me. This is my 7th year of fighting in the battle of the bulge. And I think over all I'm doing pretty well. A 15lb set back is just that - a set back. I little setback considering the amount of weight I have lost. I CAN do this. And I WILL. It starts with believing in myself again :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this post caught me by surprise and made me cry....I woke up this morning crying from a bad dream...apparently my week's stress/anxiety manifested itself into some very bad dreams for me last night...and I've eaten too much this past week, and it was portrayed in the dream in bad ways, bad stuff about Dwayne in the dream...just horrible. Sorrry about yours, but it's so nice to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!!

Temporary Feelings

Hello All, I'm not sure why all of a sudden I started having these terrible symptoms but there just about unbearable. I keep calling ...