Monday, February 06, 2012

Ok, So...

Counting calories are out the door. I've attempted it enough to know that my journey with it is DONE! It leads to binges and just obsessive behaviors that I can do without.

I contacted a couple of long time fitness buddies today asking for their advice and the response was overwhelming. I felt SO MUCH better after reading there replies. So a HUGE Thank you to Helene and Trish, you guys are awesome!

We all agreed on a few things. No more eating at work for me. And lets say I do slip up and eat a donut or muffin or whatever, i will tell myself before eating it that I get ONE and thats it. No more. I will bring my meals with me  like I have been doing and try to snack on my stash at work, like protein bars and fruits/nuts. I'm also going to allow myself a 'treat' at the end of the day like a special k bar or bowl of cereal.

Another great suggestion that I got was an reward system. Each day that come home from work without snacking I get to cross out a # on my fridge. I will have the # 1-7 and the goal is to hit 7 every sunday, and if I slip up then I have to start over on 1 again.

The only reason I over eat and indulge so much is my anxiety. Its how I have always dealt with it and now that I'm on medication its a lot easier. My doctor increased my dose from 75mgs to 100 mg a few weeks back. I do feel great but still suffer a little. I have an appointment with him in march so maybe by then I will know if I need to increase the dose more. I'm also aware of my caffeine intake because I've noticed it will send my anxiety through the roof if I have more than a 6oz cup of coffee a day. I'm buying 1/2 and 1/2 coffee today to try and ween myself off of it. 

I'm off work today and i have been in my pj's and it feels GGGGGREAT!

I was debating on a workout but after looking at last weeks workouts I decided I would take another rest day and to give myself a break. I deserve a day of doing absolutely nothing ( well besides except laundry and some light cleaning).

so far today I have had a turkey sausage biscuit , protein bar and lunch was some broiled chicken over tortilla chips ( weighed of course) with some low cal Mexican cheese.

One day at a time ;-)

1 comment:

Thanks for reading!!