Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Therapists Update

Good Morning,

Hope everyone is having a good day so far. I'm in the middle of getting ready for work but I wanted to give an update on my new therapist appointment yesterday ( had to reschedule it from this coming up Friday to yesterday because my boss couldn't give me friday off)

Well, I've only seen her once but I can honestly say that that one visit helped me come a little closer to understanding why I'm going through what I'm going through with this emotional eating/binge eating thing.

She listened very well and gave me some coping techniques, tools to use when I feel like binging or eating when I'm not hungry. After an our hour discussion we both came to the conclusion that the food at my work needs to be off limits, for now, until I can get this under control a little better. Oh and fast food, no fast food unless its healthy fast food. She told me that she wanted me to nourish my body with food that is healthy and not punish it with junk, which is basically what I have been doing when I binge. She said in the next few weeks we will get to the bottom of what is really going on here with this.

I also told her that whenever I get close to my goal weight, which so far has been about 14lbs away, I always sabotage myself. She then asked me a very good question : "Do you deserve to be at your goal? "  When she asked me that something clicked in my head. I looked at her and said with confidence YES I DO!!

So, to sum it up this is what we came up with...
1) No eating at work
2) no unhealthy fast food
3) workout 4 days a week ( even if its just a 30minute walk on the treadmill)

gotta go...will come back for another update soon :)

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a good session. Sometimes it is nice just to unravel in front of someone that has nothing to lose by telling you the truth.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!!