Monday, December 26, 2011

Its all in the Mind : positive speaking.

For a few months now I have been taking care of everything and everybody except for me! I've let my healthy lifestyle slip. Im not taking the extra time to take care of me anymore...its about everyone else. NO MORE!  I'm sick of feeling tired all the time. Yeah, I work full time and run a busy house hold but that gives me no excuse to fuel my body with the junk food that I have been eating lately. That gives me no excuse to blow off my workout and veg out in front of the couch while scarfing down chips ( baked chips that is, hey...gotta give myself some credit  =P) My workouts have been lacking lately too, just been a big slacker and im getting sick of it! SICK OF IT I SAY!


But ( and there's always a but with me ) I'm proud to say that I haven't gained any weight or at least went up in any sizes of jeans because I bought a pair of work pants today in a comfortable size 10. So yay for that! "woot woot"  and im patting myself on my back as I type this rant...

So this morning I asked myself " how in the hell am I going to attempt to eat healthy and possible lose weight while working at a bakery?"  There is only one answer that came to mind - to become a 'food snob'. Yep, im afraid I will have to say to myself "ew, that stinks"  everytime those fresh crissants come out of the oven and the aroma almost makes you want to fall to your knees and beg for one  (well, thats the response I give anyway ;-). And don't even get me started on the cheese bread and damn frosting we got hanging around. sigh...

So my plan is to tell myself that this stuff is in my way - its IN MY WAY and I need to move it from my mind so I can continue on with my journey! Im giving this junk food waayyyyy to much power here when in fact im the one that has the power and the control with what I choose to fuel my body with. I've been thinking about this for a very long time. And my mind is becoming stronger. I believe that if you think it - then it shall become. I'm a firm believer in doing whatever you put your mind too. I've already proven to myself just how strong my mind can be once I set it. But I also have to remember that even though I have a strong mind, I am only human and I can't expect to be perfect all the time. I think thats the part I struggle with the most. Being perfect most of the time and figuring out how to allow myself to not be perfect some of the time.

I will check back in in a few days and let you guys know how im doing :)  Meanwhile I will be trying my best everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Well said chicken! It is all a mind game and sometimes, we let it win a little. Taking back control is on the cards for me too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!!

Temporary Feelings

Hello All, I'm not sure why all of a sudden I started having these terrible symptoms but there just about unbearable. I keep calling ...