Sunday, July 24, 2011

Its Not That Bad

I have this issue with negative inner dialogue. Its starts with a negative thought, then I get a swarm of negative  thoughts that seem to take over like killer bee's. It can ruin my day, i become sensitive or just plain angry - if I let it.  But then this voice from with in says Its not that bad Amy, forget about it. Its hard sometimes to not obsess about these thoughts.



Anybody else experience this?

I'm sure everyone's inner dialogue is different, lately I"ve been experiencing more negative and I'm sure its due to stress or being overwhelmed at work/home.

Im going to my first therapy session tomorrow. This session has been post-pone twice already due to schedule conflicts. Tomorrow's session is scheduled as planned. I'm excited and nervous. I've spoken to the psychologists several times on the phone and really like her already. Will see...i will keep you guys updated.


I started ChaLean's Lean For Life rotation yesterday. I figure I would do this until Cathe's new workouts come out sometime in August/September.  I did Burn Circuit 1 and I gotta say, it kicked my butt. I was shaking by the end and felt really challenged. I used pretty heavy weights too. It was nice to lift heavy again :)

I'm leaving you with a pic of my new workout clothes that I got Friday :) DH took this picture while I was cleaning up the kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. Amy,
    I wish you the best with the therapy session. I have an absolutely psychotic inner dialogue. Of course, I have a psychotic disorder but people would run screaming into the night if they knew about every thought that crosses my twisted mind. Don't worry about yourself. Some thoughts are just random and you can learn to redirect negative thoughts into positive ones through meditation. I am learning mindfulness now. It is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My negative thoughts snowball, too. My smart side is starting to come out and stop those thoughts, and it feels good. :)

    You look FANTASTIC!!! I love your dedication to working out.

    Have a great session tomorrow. I hope you find the sessions useful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!!