Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Break Through

So I actually spoke (or typed) at a online OA meeting last night. It felt absolutely wonderful to speak up about my awful disease. And to even call it a disease makes me feel weird because in my mind, an awful disease is like Alzheimer's or M. S . not over eating. But it is.  

Disease: A disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, esp. one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury.

In my meeting yesterday I told them i was sick and tired of counting calories, tired of being scared to death that I was going to gain weight, tired of working out just because I had a extra slice of pizza and then stated that it has been almost 6yrs since ive lost my weight and im very proud that I haven't gained any weight back. I said that I needed help and that I could no longer do this by self. then when I was done I had so many people relate and applaude and just 'nod' when me...it felt so uplifting. I had my first break though.  I instantly knew that i was among others that understood what I was going though.

So, now I have to make a decision if I want to go to a face-to-face meeting to find a sponsor or get one online. We can call our sponsors too if we ever need them.  Since I have a huge online support system with my exercising (group of ladies that I check in everyday with to help keep me motivated to workout and some of them also are very supportive with my eating, which helps)  I figure i will try and go the online route with my OA too. I just have to order the books and there not that expensive. Both books ( 12 steps + workbook) equal around 20$'s.


I'm excited about this. For the first time in a VERY LONG TIME i feel like im taking control. I have surrendered my burden of this disease to a Higher Power, i can't do this by myself any longer. I know on this blog I have never spoke of God but since I was very little ( both parents were Jehovah Witnesses and my husbands family us to  go to church,) i have had a speaking/praying relationship with him.

Im not counting calories, just watching what I eat and eating when I'm hungry. I can't eat just because im moody...its hard. but this is the only way to do this. I can't wait for my books to get here. then I can start on the 12 steps :)

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! Sounds like a major breakthrough!!!

    I am so glad your blog isn't private any longer. I was so bummed that you just disappeared.

    OA sounds perfect. I can't wait to read more about it! It sounds like you are taking charge and making healthy changes. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christina (((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!!

Temporary Feelings

Hello All, I'm not sure why all of a sudden I started having these terrible symptoms but there just about unbearable. I keep calling ...