Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Baby Steps

I went to two online OA meetings today. I was there, reading but didn't speak ( or type, in this case).
 You can reach those meetings by visiting this link

http://oa12step4coes.org/meetings.html

It took me a few times to log in and realize i can't 'speak' until called upon. Everyone has there turn to speak...otherwise we listen and give support. There are several online meetings through out the day. So its very helpful if you can't get to a face-to-face meeting. 

The first meeting was extremely emotional, I could definitely relate to most of the speakers that were sharing there experience with compulsive eating. I think once i feel more comfortable with the whole online process, I will share some of my experiences too.

I just put The Twelve Steps of OA  on hold at the library. I know I said in an earlier post that I was going to go to a meeting tonight but there is something holding me back. I want to learn more about it before I go...so I will read the book and maybe visit some more online meetings before going to my first official face-to-face meeting. It's very intimidating to me to go and spill my guts to a group of complete strangers. ( but I'm sure its that way with everyone)

Until then, im not counting calories. Im sick of it all. My body will tell me if Im hungry, it will let me know. Its extremely hard sometimes, specially when Im at work but I find that If i just keep myself busy that 'thought' leaves...

ok, just checking in :) I did supreme 90 Shoulders and arms today and of course it ROCKED. I also cleaned up my kitchen and got three loads of laundry done... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!!

Temporary Feelings

Hello All, I'm not sure why all of a sudden I started having these terrible symptoms but there just about unbearable. I keep calling ...