Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Monday :)

Just finished CLX Push Circuit 2. It was challenging with the heavier weights. I'm proud of myself right now because i honestly didn't know I could lift so heavy with the smaller muscle groups. Today's workout targeted the muscles in the shoulders and the hamstrings & glutes. I  lifted 15lbs on deltoids raises...15 LBS!!! I didn't know I could lift that heavy with my deltoids! But I did 8reps at good form. I used 20's on the over head presses, that's a first too. I only did 7 of those though...my muscles reached failure. woot,woot.

I didn't sleep very good last night. Tossed and turned with these strange aches in my legs. Maybe it was a virus? It felt like restless leg syndrome, i had it when I was pregnant with my daughter.And when I woke up at 6:30 to get the kids ready for school ~ all i wanted to do is go back to bed :/

There is something else bothering me today too, my hair :( . Its just so thin, its been thin for a while, about 6yrs now. And believe me, it was worse back then so it has improved slightly over the years. But now that im so close to goal, i want the whole package ,ya know?

I miss my hair, it use to be long, straight and baby fine. I miss running my fingers through it, pulling it down at the end of the day to flirt with my DH (lol). I use to get a lot of compliments on it. But not anymore. Im sure its all in my mind but during conversations with people, i see them glance at my thinning hair. I also notice other women's hair a lot, i find myself  being envious of them. I mean come on, a womens hair is part of their identity. When its gone, a part of their self is gone too...

I decided to do something about it recently. I started using Rogain (actually the generic of rogain) about a week ago. Its a pain in the butt to use. You have to apply it twice a day and basically for the rest of your life. The bottle says that if there is no noticeable hair growth in 3months then to stop using it...so will see.

anyways...gotta go take a shower, apply my rogain (tehe) then eat some lunch. Today I've logged tuna with crackers and pickles ~ YUM! Later is work.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day ~ Today i was at 165.4, thats a new low for me :) Maybe tomorrow I will be even lower....

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Amelia. Sorry about the hair loss. It can happen with weight loss. I've heard that taking Biotin can help. You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amelia, I've been following your blog for a short while. I really like it. Great job getting through Circuit 2.

    For the hair loss, I also recommend Biotin. It's supposed to be amazing for hair. Another thing you can try is castor oil on the thinning spots. Over time you should see regrowth.

    I'll be back to visit your great blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!!

Temporary Feelings

Hello All, I'm not sure why all of a sudden I started having these terrible symptoms but there just about unbearable. I keep calling ...