Friday, February 04, 2011

Feeling Better

I woke up feeling a little better, still have a runny nose but the scratchy throat is almost gone. My husband got the kids up and sent them to school for me so i could sleep in. He's such a sweetie.

I've logged my calories for the day and I've got them set just under 1500. I'm  taking another rest day, I'm a firm believer in letting the body deal with one thing at a time. And being that its in a fight with a nasty cold bug, a workout isn't going to help right now.

SO, WITH THAT SAID.... I have good news! I just purchased ChaLean Extreme and it should arrive in 4-7 days. Its basically a heavy weight lifting program that also has cardio. You can read more about it by clicking on the link.

I LOVE lifting weights, but I need something different.  I have been doing Cathe Friedrich workouts for over 5years now and its time to shake things up a bit. I've thought about joining a gym but its the long time commitment of payments that turns me off. Chalean is costing me about 4months worth of gym membership payments so i figure it would be cheaper in the long run. I will have to get one set of heavier dumbells, but thats something i intended on buying anyway( 25's). Plus all my fitness friends RAVE about it! All of them have lost inches and still do the workouts just for the fun factor.
Anyways...I will blog about it everyday so you will be seeing more about it.

ok, off to the store...Have a great afternoon :)

3 comments:

  1. Have a great day, Amelia. Your new workout program sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking a day away from exercise was smart! Like you said, your body recover well from one thing at a time! I hope you're feeling 100% now!

    I can't wait to hear what you think of Chalean. You've been doing some pretty kick-butt workouts, and your opinion means a lot to me. :) I get you are going to love these workouts - they seem right up your alley!

    Still waiting for the food to settle...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Karen and Christina..you guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!!