Monday, January 31, 2011

Cake Decorator... I Think Not!

I woke up this morning and decided to fill out more job applications. So, after getting the kids off to school and drinking my coffee, I started surfing the net. I filled out one job app then decided to check the status of a few apps I filled out at the local hospital here. I wasn't happy with those results. Status: 'were currently seeking other candidates at this time....blah,blah,blah". Sigh, so then i happen to come upon a bank teller part-time position and started that application. Well, that didn't end pretty either because my haunting past came back again. I couldn't even finish the application before a web page came up that said  were sorry, we're unable to process this application at this time, please call for further information. and that was followed by a phone number...... I passed.

Later my DH woke up and we took a trip down to the grocery store for some things we forgot on our last trip. I'm walking around, admiring the cakes when i see the bakery manager...we engage in small talk and i ask her if she happen to be hiring at the moment. She was hiring, but for a cake decorator. I told her i use to decorate cakes back when i was a teenager ,12years ago, but i could give it a go now. She said "OK, follow me and will see what you can do". (CRAP)  She then gives me a picture of a carrot cake, icing and all the icing do-dads to go along with it.  I start my cake experiment and let me tell you, it didn't look like the picture at all. It was off centered and the cake keep moving around so i was getting frustrated. AND she kept coming over and watching me (rolls eyes).

To make a long story short; she took my phone # and said if she doesn't get anyone with more experience she may give me a call.

anyways, so when i got home i was pretty down. Those negative thoughts starting consuming me again and all i could think was ' Good grief, I can't even ice a damn cake?"

maybe its for the best....i really shouldn't be around cakes anyway,lol.

Oh and my calories for today : 1598 :) <----thats the best part of this post ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Cake decorating is very challenging. I did it years ago but I'm sure I couldn't do it now. Hang in there. I hope a good job comes along soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, big hugs! It sounds like things have been kind of frustrating lately. Great job with the calories! Keep hangin' tough, mama!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!!

Temporary Feelings

Hello All, I'm not sure why all of a sudden I started having these terrible symptoms but there just about unbearable. I keep calling ...