Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Inner Child

It's 9:30 in the morning, I have the front door open  letting in the sunshine...its going to be a beautiful Sunday here in GA =)

I decided to face the scale this morning. 174.2 . I keep dancing around the same 5lbs but thats ok. I could be dancing around a higher weight so im not complaining. Actually, I think i have done pretty good this week considering all my mood swings and urges to eat. Seriously, its like I have this inner, bratty child that im constantly fighting with! She likes all the fried, high fatty, cheesy, sweet-gooey chocolaty foods then there's me who is ecstatic when im on plan and eating healthy. I love the feeling of being on track.  We have a fight almost daily!

Me: Mmmm,the kids want pizza today for supper so since they haven't ate out this week I guess i could get them a small one so there is little left to tempt me.

Inner Child:  NO,ORDER A LARGE AND JUST COUNT THE CALORIES, BESIDES, YOU BURNED LIKE, A TON OF CALORIES WITH YOUR WORKOUT, ITS OK.

Me: But when i eat stuff like that its hard to stop at one servings and i hate dealing with the cravings the next few days.

Inner Child: WHO CARES, YOUR ALWAYS ON A DIET! I WANT PIZZA, YEAH...LETS ORDER ONE OF THOSE SPECIALS SO WE CAN SAVE MONEY!!!

Me: But the sodium always makes the scale go up the next day and it takes forever for it to leave my body, no, I think i will eat some tuna on whole wheat bread.

Inner Child: IM SICK OF TUNA, TUNA SUCKS! ITS BORING! AND IM SICK OF THAT DAMN SCALE TOO...ALWAYS RUINS ALL THE FUN!

Me: Now Amy, you know that at the end of the day you will be smiling at yourself because you went for the tuna instead. And the scale doesn't ruin all the fun, remember what its like to step on it and see a lower weight...nothing taste better than that feeling.

Inner Child: YOUR ALWAYS SO DAMN NICE, STOP IT!!!!   I. WANT. PIZZA!  ITS NOT FAIR, THEY ALWAYS GET TO EAT PIZZA!

Me: I know what i can do to fix things! I will go get some whole wheat flat bread,pizza sauce, spinach, mushrooms and turkey pepperoni.....

Inner Child: ITS NOT THE SAME!

Me: Well your just gonna have to settle for that because we had two powdered donuts last night because the fudge bar wasn't good enough! Now STOP IT before i take away the coffee creamer! 

Inner Child: NOOOOOO....FINE!...*sigh*.... BUT I WANT EXTRA LIGHT MAYO IN THE TUNA!

so as you can see, it can be pretty hard to satisfy both of me and a little dramatic at times! And if im having a bad day that inner child can really get out of control and cause much ciaos in the calorie department :0


Anyways. Today's plans are simple...stay under 2000 calories(I know, thats not losing weight potential calories for me but it will have to do for today. Sundays are my regular days of freedom so if i don't do that i won't start my week off right, of course that could be my inner child talking) I will also do laundry and watch MY ATLANTA BRAVES IN THE PLAYOFFS AT 4:30 :D , oh yeah! I wish we could be at Turner Field in person today!

Have a great day today everyone =)

4 comments:

  1. OMG I have an annoying inner brat too!! Thing is, I get tired of listening to her so I usually give in; the bad part is she isn't always satisfied. We need to put these kids in a time out lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya Melissa! Where's my paddle? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! I call my inner child the "itty bitty sh*tty committee", or IBSC for short. Mine is pretty sneaky, and likes to say things like, "Oh just one bite is ok".....and then another....and another. Lol! And I like being able to say that I'm "firing the committee!" Sounds powerful, don't you think? Makes me feel like I can beat them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, "IM SICK OF TUNA, TUNA SUCKS"... I have an inner demon that talks to me like that too. I try to supress the demon and have become better at it. Yet that voice is always there not far away. yesterday, I listened to it and dove into some pizza myself. Today, I feel like crap for doing so. But, today, is a new day, a new challenge, and new opportunity to get healthier.

    Sorry to hear that the Braves didn't get past the Giants. As a Cub fan I am so in tune with 'wait til next year'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!!

Temporary Feelings

Hello All, I'm not sure why all of a sudden I started having these terrible symptoms but there just about unbearable. I keep calling ...