Sunday, September 05, 2010

Learning Balance

Lately I've been really trying to keep the peace between me and my arch enemy : Food! On top of being a compulsive eater/binge eater i also deal with some depression at times. It comes and goes but i keep it in check with diet and exercise.

Yesterday i dipped my toes in the cookie pool - but i didn't go swimming. I made homemade from-the-box chocolate chip cookies 'for the kids' and ended up eating a few. Later my mom stopped by with some McDonald's and I gotta tell ya, it was good.  Further into the evening I had 3 beers while cheering on my favorite bb team. (DH at work, kids asleep and i was completely content with being by myself in the living room,lol)
 

So, I guess my point to all this is I counted every last calorie yesterday and the day ended at a respectable amount (an amount discovered through trial and error) and there was no overwhelming sadness and regret when i woke up. Of course i knew i had to balance yesterdays decisions with a good workout today & good eating. I just finished a great full body weight lifting workout followed by a fun step aerobics routine. It was 99 mins total and 702 calories burned..that's done! Now time to focus on my eating for today and tomorrow morning i can pat myself on the back =)

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't sound like you had a terrible day by any means; certainly not a binge of any measure. A little indulgence on the food, yes. You know what you ate, know what impact it may have had, so there is the good news; you are aware and are holding yourself accountable for your choices. So seems like no reason for any worries here.

    Best part, you got up Sunday and kicked butt on the strength & cardio; yeah no worries here.

    Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Patrick...Happy Labor Day =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!!