Sunday, September 26, 2010

Focusing on the positive

Hello All, 

The past few days haven't been great eating wise. I have however kicked major bootie with my workouts. Yesterday was a lot better, i managed to control my emotionally urges and stay at a moderate calorie count. Today im going to focus on the positives instead of dwelling in the past.

I'm still in the Columbus Day Challenge but im not going to post about it daily. I think that was putting too much pressure on me. And  I should have known all the rules i made for myself were completely unrealistic. I mean come on i was taking all the fun factors out...No alcohol? No treat meals? Those are the two things i have always allowed in my healthier life style just  in moderation. So that was a failure waiting to happen :0 . I will start posting my meals back in my meals & pics tab at the top of the page.

One of the goals was to be in a size 10 pants...well, i bought a size 10 relaxed-fit cargo pants last weekend and love them. So that was a victory. Size 10 jeans are too tight to wear in public but i can get them button so that's FANTASTIC too!

So, the positives since losing my weight & becoming more fit:
- by golly i have a jaw bone now!
- i can cross my legs without re-positioning my butt
- my kids are asking me to slow down when we walk the dogs
- introducing a healthier life style to my kids life; being a positive role model to them
- I can grab 5 plastic bags of grocery's  from the car and there not heavy!
- hearing my daughter say "wow mom, your strong" when i get the grocery's from the car
- being able to complete an advanced high intensity workout and not collapse on the floor after-wards.
- seeing muscles in my neck that I never knew was there!
- actually looking forward to shopping now
- not feeling self conscious when i wear a tank top in public(this was a victory for me)
- seeing my reflection anywhere out in public and feeling good about it.
- noticing that i have less jiggle when im bloated
- being able to do push-ups on my toes (on a good day,lol)
- I crave veggies now

The list can go on and on but you get the idea. ok, later gators....

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl!! Wow, you've come a LONG way!! Those are fantastic non-scale victories and you should be very proud! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!!