Friday, September 24, 2010

Finding my inner soldier (note to self)

Dear Amy,

If  we sit here all day and do nothing but watch tv and eat, we will  feel miserable. So, go get your @ss in those walking clothes and walk the dog. It will clear your head a little bit, help get you back to that kick @ss person we have learned to loved! There is a  soldier that lives in us, and she's waiting for the next command! I know you don't want to do anything but sit and wallow in your own misery and stuff your face (feeling sorry) but refuse to settle for that when we could achieve so much more today!

Later we will get dressed and go to the store, buy something for supper and  will continue on marching right through this day. Head held high!  We will NOT buy any chocolate, NOT be tempted by those damn evil samples and we WILL smile when our head hits the pillow tonight because we both know that we CAN DO THIS!  We can overcome this addiction.

You know the first day back on track is the hardest. Three days off track is NOTHING, the damage at this point is minimal. GET TO IT SOLDIER and pick yourself back up and MARCH!!

Don't settle for less today!!! I love you Amy and I'm so proud of you! Together we will survive this! =)

10 comments:

  1. Great pep talk. I even put on my walking shoes and went out for a walk after I read it! I did! but I only walked one mile instead of 3--my inner soldier appears to still have the flu. I was hoping it was just me...

    Even so, we ARE going to do this thing!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs Deb, thanks so much. I got my walk in...not its time to fight my way through the grocery store and to night buy any junk. We can do this!!! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give myself the same talks, except mine are filled with a whole lot more cuss words, lol....my inner soldier is stubborn, and a little deaf. :) Have a fab weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Tammy, thanks for stopping by. I'm starting to think my inner soldier is a spoil child that wants her candy bar :/ (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liking this letter. So much so I gave you some shout out love on my blog today...
    http://responsibility199.blogspot.com/2010/09/day-162-46-progress.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That could have been a letter to me :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great letter - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great letter, I think we can all benefit from reading it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much everyone! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!!

Temporary Feelings

Hello All, I'm not sure why all of a sudden I started having these terrible symptoms but there just about unbearable. I keep calling ...